Monday, February 23, 2015

What's round on the ends and hi in the middle?

OHIO!
Just a quick post today on one of the greatest quick-fix repairs I've ever run across.
I was riding my bike down Kent Ave near the Brooklyn Navy Yards when my eye caught this little punk:
Dude really. Aftermarket wheels? Check. Nascar commemorative license plate? Check. Focusing the worlds attention to the worst part of your ride? CHECK CHECK CHECK!
Everybody gets in fender benders and not everybody has the funds to do a proper repair, but using the triple threat combination of black & white cheetah print party tape, black electrical tape, and pixelated camouflage tape to cover it all up? IT'S NOT WORKING!
Also, I can only imagine that the owner of this ride either owns another hardware store or was fired by Ace to give the company this kind of billing.
I really didn't know this kind of tape existed. Is it for those times when you need to repair your camouflaged vehicles in Atari 2600 Combat? Only in a gray scale world of super low resolution would this obscure anything. And is that green camo tape beneath? Does this vehicle get prepped for the appropriate season?
In case you were wondering this is a 2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada; easily the best argument for making what was Americas oldest automotive brand extinct. However this one has transcended the medium to become something else. Whoever owns it is obviously a maniac, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I almost wanted to take myself to the nearest Ace hardware store and buy a rol of white tape to help this car out!
And there's your case of the Mondays people.

No comments:

Post a Comment